Tips to lose weight – Fat Can Be Your Friend
It is easy to think as fat as something to steer clear of when you are trying to lose weight. It may surprise you to know that fat has an important role to play in your body, and there are good and bad fats. It is natural to associate the word fat with ‘being fat’ and therefore view it in a negative way. But fat is not always our enemy, in fact we actually need it. Lets take a look at what fat does for us.
Fat is an important nutrient that proves fatty acids which aid growth and healthy skin. These fatty acids also helps our bodies to absorb vitamins and regulates our bodily functions. This type of fat that is essential for our bodies is called dietary fat.
Just read on the following tips to lose weight with fat as an important ingredient.
Fat is an important part of our diet, as it gives us a full and satisfying feeling. This is because your body takes longer to digest fat (compared with other food sources), meaning that it stays in your stomach for quite some time. There are a lot more calories (9) in a gram of fat, when you compare it with carbohydrates or protein (4). This is why you have to be careful with the amount of fat you consume, touch will lead to weight gain. So eating fat can be important for weight loss because it leaves you full, but it must be consumed in moderation due to its high calorie content.
It is not a good idea to stick to a diet that provides no fat at all. You may not get enough calories to keep you nourished all day. Starving yourself, while depriving yourself of all the fatty foods you love will make your diet hard to stick to and may leave you feeling quite depressed. It is much better to enjoy some of your favourite foods in moderation. Don’t enjoy your favourite pizza or chinese takeaway, then spend hours feeling guilty and hating yourself. Enjoy your food, but exercise some portion control and eat sensible amounts. Don’t get me wrong, fatty treats should not become your staple diet, but there is nothing wrong with enjoying something you love eating now and again.
Try and consume less of bad fats such as saturated fats and trans fats which are found in full fat dairy products. Instead focus on the good fats such as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that can be found in fish and nuts.
With a little careful planning and some control, you can enjoy fat as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle. Fat can indeed be your friend. I tried fat burning furnace and there are some great tips to lose weight in that program. I implemented this program and within one month’s time I saw a great change in my body.So if you want to be a part of fat burning furnace program, you can do so by visiting the link below.
Our bodies need a regular supply of water every day and you should aim to drink around eight glasses a day. This may seem a lot, but if you drink one as soon as you get up and another just before bed, that leaves just six through the day. Drinking enough water will keep your body fully hydrated and this is very important, particularly when you are trying to lose weight.
Sometimes your body can be dehydrated but you can mistake these feelings for hunger. So you end up snacking when all your body needs is a glass of water. Our bodies can lose up to ten glasses of water a day and we need to replace as much as possible. Dehydration can be caused by a lack of humidity in the air, which can be a result of an air conditioning or heating system in your office or home. In the hot summers you will find that you dehydrate quickly, it is important that you take on even more fluids to cope with these conditions. Alcohol can also dehydrate you, that is why you wake up the next morning (or in the night) with a raging thirst. When you are drinking alcohol, try to alternate your drinks between alcoholic and soft drinks and never go to bed without drinking a couple of glasses of water. Having a thirst is one sign of dehydration, along with dark or strong smelling urine and headaches.
If you are trying to lose weight, water can be a useful tool. Water is a natural appetite depressant that stops you feeling hungry. When you are feeling hungry, drink a glass of water first and wait to see if your hunger passes. You may have just been dehydrated and not hungry at all. Try eating foods that have high a high water content like fruit, vegetables and green salad. Caffeine (like alcohol) will leave you dehydrated, if you consume soda’s or coffee then you will need to consume more water to compensate. If you are exercising, you will need to drink additional water to keep you hydrated.
As well as keeping you hydrated and curbing your cravings, water is really important for healthy skin and a good complexion. Try and get in the habit of drinking water as often as possible. When you leave the house, always carry a bottle with you. Switch some of your sodas and hot beverages for water, you may even save money as well as lowering your calorie content. Try to drink water with and after each meal. This will help to stop you over-eating. Try to stay hydrated by cutting down on alcohol, caffeine and spicy foods.
It is easier than you think to drink between 8 -10 glasses of water a day. Stick at it day after day until it becomes a habit, you will wonder how you ever managed without it. You will not only feel and look great, but it will also aid your weight loss efforts.
Would you like to learn how to lose weight fast and keep it off? Maybe you are looking to lose the beer belly or lose weight after pregnancy then I can help. My online weight loss resource offers you the opportunity to sign up for free weight loss tips. Learn the secrets to rapid safe weight loss and change your relationship with food forever. Take the first steps today to losing weight and feeling great.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Chris_Waddington
Who else wants to lose weight fast and permanently? Do you want to do so easily and side-effect free as well? The good news is that it can happen. The bad news is that if you are doing one of the following 3 mistakes, then your chances of realizing your goals is slim to none.
1. Starving Yourself – When you look at losing weight simplistically, it would appear that all you need to do is lower the amount of calories you are eating and that is it. Unfortunately, this is further from the truth… and this also explains why thousands upon thousands of people fail with those restrictive fad diets that are everywhere you turn these days!
When you starve yourself (or severely lower your calorie intake), you are going to end up causing yourself more problems than good. The most significant issue that will come about is that your metabolism will decrease. If your metabolism just so happens to decrease, then a very high percentage of the calories you eat are going to be stored as extra fat!
2. Weighing Yourself Too Much – Let’s face it: Getting in shape requires A LOT of motivation. With that said, checking the scale and seeing results is certainly a very powerful way to increase your motivational levels. However, checking the scale too frequently and not seeing consistent results has the exact opposite effect… you can LOSE a lot of motivation. So, what I recommend you do instead of checking the scale very often is to only check once a week, and also only check first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to get an accurate measurement.
3. Fad Dieting – Ah, the infamous fad diets! Fad diets come in all shapes and sizes. You have the low-carb, low-fat, low-calorie, drink-this-only, eat-that-only, and so much more! My friend, fad diets are for a lack of a better word, ridiculous! These types of diets are NOT going to get you natural and permanent results… along with improving your overall health. What they do is the exact opposite of what I just mentioned!
To get amazing results, you have to go on a diet that makes food the source of your dramatic weight loss and fat loss transformation. I’m living proof that EATING TO LOSE WEIGHT is guaranteed effective… and your results will last permanently… and you don’t have to worry about regaining weight back either!
And if you want to Melt Away Fat QUICKLY and permanently drop 9 pounds EVERY 11 DAYS, then I highly recommend the “calorie shifting diet” from Fat Loss 4 Idiots.
I lost an amazing 52 lbs. of fat in 2 months using this popular online fat loss program… and it all has stayed off FOR GOOD! It works because it naturally raises your metabolism by having you eat REAL FOOD.
>> Click http://www.fatlossin11days.info/, and on the next page, you’ll see my official review, other testimonials, and more.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Avy_Barnes
In this article I am hoping to encourage people wishing to lose weight to try some simple home exercise routines – routines that I have found effective myself.
Everyone probably knows that a combination of diet and exercise is what allows you to lose weight faster- but a lot of people fall into the trap of just dieting and forget about the exercise part.
In my last article I discussed some healthy dieting options, so in this one I thought I would tell you about some simple home exercises you can do to keep yourself fit whilst you are dieting. These simple exercises will help you to burn fat and help you to achieve your dieting goals more quickly.
Some people reading this article are going to be starting from scratch and so I am going to include some short starter routines to tone your muscles to allow you to progress to the full routines without injuring yourself.
Everyone is different so I am not going to specify how long you should exercise for or how many exercise routines you must do. Just keep doing an exercise listed below until you feel tired then stop – but each day try and keep going a little bit longer than the day before, this will allow you to gradually improve your fitness at a pace that suits your body and help you avoid strain injuries.
1. I highly recommend press-ups as they will strengthen and tone your arms and stomach muscles – but press-ups can be tough for someone starting to exercise from scratch. If you start off with full press-ups and struggle to do one – consider doing half press-ups. A half-press up is done resting your body weight on your knees not your toes. Try half-press ups to start off with and when you find them easy you can then progress to full press-ups. You should do as many as possible but stop when you feel tired. Keep a note of how many you do and see if you can beat that number the next day. Writing this information on paper will help to motivate you, as will be able to see how your fitness level increases with time.
2. Squats are another great exercise. They are done by positioning your feet below each shoulder and keeping your body straight and then you just squat up and down. This exercise strengthens your legs and buttocks and I suggest you also hold your arms out directly in front of you whilst you squat up and down. This will work and tone arm and shoulder muscles more than just having your arms at your side.
3. If your home has stairs you can burn fat walking up and down them. You may be surprised how effective this exercise can be, you will soon notice yourself putting on a sweat – which is a good thing. Again stop when you are tired and try to do more the next day and so on.
The above exercises are great warm ups and can be done in most homes for free but for more effective exercise workouts look at some point to try these next two.
4. I am a big fan of brisk pace walking as a form of exercise – I just feel it puts less strain on joints, knees and hips than full-on running. So how do you walk in the home? Well if you really want to exercise at home and I can’t persuade you to go out – you could get yourself an entry-level treadmill machine.
5. My next suggested fat burning exercise is cycling. Now I realize not everyone is lucky enough to have a quiet country lane on their doorstep and urban car fumes and dangerous drivers are hazardous, so I will agree that cycling in the home is a safer option for a lot of people. Cycling is a great form of exercise for burning fat. The great plus with this exercise over say a rowing machine is you can comfortably keep yourself occupied whilst exercising for example watching tv or listening to music. Listening to music on a real bike on a real road is never recommended, you can’t afford to allow yourself this luxury for fear of an accident due to loss of concentration. A home exercise bike takes up much less floor space than say other home exercise equipment like ellipticals and are much more affordable. I highly recommend them.
An interesting fact is that one of the things that people who lose weight and manage to stay slim have in common is they own at least one piece of home exercise equipment.
My view is buying your own home exercise equipment is a sound investment and much more cost-effective than paying yearly gym subscriptions. The convenience of being able to exercise when you want to and in the comfort of your own home is hard to beat.
If you feel motivated to start exercising but are not sure what equipment to get – I have researched some affordable entry-level home exercise bikes and a treadmill option and my top two picks can be found using the link below.